WORKING ON THE DIGITAL COMPETENCE WITH INTEF

Hi everybody!

In this post I am going to talk about a videoconference that I have attended this afternoon in Webinar called Online Learning and Digital Educative Competence.
The speaker of the videoconference has been our master's degree teacher, Mª Jesús, who also works in the Ministry of Education, specifically in INTEF. So first things first , what is INTEF? It is the National Institute of Educative Technology and Teacher Training, in Spanish, Instituto Nacional de Tecnologías Educativas y Formación del Profesorado. This Institute is in charge of training teachers and future teachers in the Digital Competence, and thanks to this conference I have discovered great resources provided by INTEF.

ONLINE TRAININGGif by gfaught


Along the videoconference, some courses whereby teachers can improve the Digital Competence have been explained. It's important to know that the vertebral axis of these courses is the Digital Competence Frame, which is a reference framework of the different stages in relation to this competence. These are the courses:

EduPills: they are self-learning educational pills with a duration from 5 to 10 minutes. Each Edupill provides you with information and knowledge about a specific topic. The advantages of these "pills" is that you can download the tool with your mobile phone and, in only 5, 7 or 10 minutes, you learn a little bit more about this digital world in education.

Moocintef: moocs are courses of 3 houres aproximately. They are courses of "nano-learning" opened in collaboration.These courses are focused on working a competence from a specific area from the curriculum. For me, the best thing abput this courses is that, although they last 10 days, you always have access to the materials and resources that they provide.

Noocintef : these courses were created after the moocs and the advantage is that you have the opportunity to explore, learn and be evaluated about a specific element or an area of knowledge from this competence. 

Spoocintef: they are self-paced open online courses (courses which are opened continuosly). It means that you can explore and learn at your pace. From my point of view, these courses are, in this moment of my life, the best, because if you have some days where you can not do more things apart from the things you are doing, but from time to time you have a day off, these courses allow you to train continuosly, as I said before, at your pace.

But, you will think, when you finish these courses, do you receive something? Of course, you receive badges that recognise your effort and they also can  be useful for you in Portfolio, which I will explain too.

Other courses that have been explained are online tutored courses, where you can apply your knowledge to specific areas.

PORTFOLIO
What is portfolio? It is a tool where you can self-evaluate and know your stage in the Digital Competence Framework. It is very useful because you have suggestions about the itineraries that you can take in order to achieve the next stage inside the Digital Competence Framework. In the Portfolio, you can add your evidences if you want to get a passport of an specific stage in the reference framework.
As said before, the insignias that you get from the courses explained above, can be moved to the evidences' section and they will recognise your badge as an evidence! Isn't it great??

I am looking forward to do these attractive courses because I think all of them will provide me with a lot of knowledge and experiences, but I must admit that first, until I finish my exams' period, I will start with Edupills.  However, I am sure that they will encourage me to continue with this training experience in a more extensive way, I really think that this training, as a Primary teacher, is going to be very useful for me. I would like to finish this post stressing a sentence that the speaker said about these courses: "the objective is to learn in collaboration, with other and from others".
If you want to know more about the courses that INTEF offers currently, you can go to aprendeintef  and look for the most suitable course for you.
See you👋

Comments