DISCOVERING CONTENT CURATION

Hiya!
This time I would like to tell you about 'Content Curation' and the adventages of its use in education. Nowdays we have a lot of teaching resources from the net, something very useful for our classes. However, sometimes it is a little complicated to get the information we really want due to the existence of millions of web pages and, consequently, we can feel 'infoxicated' (word that describes a person with information overload).


Gif by Rodrigo Tello
 'Content Curation' is something we have to take into account for us, teachers, and for the use of the Internet by the students, because it allows us to organise and build our own information bank. For children, one of the better things for acquiring knowledge is to investigate and find information by themselves, for this reason we have to teach our students how to curate information too.
There are four main steps for 'Content Curation':
➤ Searching a content ➤Gathering the content  ➤Organising the content ➤ Distributing the content.


We can find a lot of 'Content Curation tools' such us: List.ly, Padlet, Symbaloo or Pinterest. However, I have choosen Pearltrees because I like how it is organised and its easy use. 
With Pearltrees, you can create your own collections about different topics and include web pages, images, files and videos.
Here you have a collection I made for studying The Solar System in Primary. It includes some interactive pages where children can play and discover more about the planets and asteroids; two explanatory videos and the Nasa's official page where children can explore through the picture gallery about the Earth, the moon and some more planets.


I hope you find this post useful and start up creating new collections. You will see that it is a very beneficial way to organise educational issues, resources, methodologies and so on!

Comments

  1. Hi Jess! Congrats for your blog, it's really nice! I like your explanation about content curation, it's brief and very clear. By the way, I took a look at Giphy, the web page about gifs and stickers and it's amazing! Thanks for sharing it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment