PODCAST, A GREAT RESOURCE

Hi there! It has been a long time! How is it going?

Today I am going to talk about one of my favourite projects: the creation of podcasts. Do you know what a podcast is? It is an audio that can be listen whenever and wherever yo want. A podcast can be a review, a song, a radio programme or the audio of a TV programme...They have lots of possibilities! In this case, I have created a project related to audiobooks. An audiobook is as book that can be listen to, instead of read. It means that the audiobook is going to be a podcast. These audiobooks have some advantages for children, which are:

👉 They are very engaging, due to the effects and voices given to the story.
👉 Children are promted to the story. Sometimes, children can talk about what is going to happen next.
👉 Develop creativity in students.
👉 Children can learn vocabulary, grammar, key structures as well as developing their listening.

Now you know all the benefits of using audiobooks with kids, you must know that also students can record their own podcasts, and it is very easy and motivational for them! They can use any recorder  (from mobile, computer...) and once they have their podcast recorded, they can publish it with the people they want. For publish the podcast, I recommend you the following platforms: SoundCloud, Spreaker, Ivoox or Podomatic, among others.

Here you have the draft or my project,  which I have published in a Google Doc
, a platform of Google Drive where you can create your own documents online and share them.

 

After that, I have recorded my  podcast, in which I welcome to the students and make a brief introduction of the project. I have done it with the recorder of my mobile phone, and then, I have uploaded it to SoundCloud and I have added it to my channel. Here you have the audio:

You can also visit my audio channel, which is the channel of each user:

And last but not least, I share with you a playlist that I have created in order to use it with the project. A playlist is an album where you can add the podcast you want. In this case, this playlist includes some tracks that children can use as a background sound in their audiobooks.

I hope you start using these excellent tools and create with your students fantastic podcasts. Catch up!

Comments