USING VIDEOS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES

Hi you all! How is it going?

I am really excited!! Do you remember one of my previous post when I talked about recording videos for educational purposes? Well, my peers and I have finished editing the video which, if you remember, takes part of a flip project with the objective of encouraging children to think about Climate Change, its causes, effects on our planet and posible solutions for this issue.

It has been several days since we wrote the Storyboard, but all this time, we have been editing the video and trying to add all the things we could. How did we edit the video? With a software called Vegas Pro 15.0. This tool is released by Magix (although it was release first by Sonyc Foundry and Sony Creative Software then).

From my point of view, the first time we started with the edition, I though it was going to be difficult to manage with it (I must admit that editing videos is something that always wore me out), but, thanks to the explanations of my team mates, I really liked this tool, and now I think is easer to me editing a video. Vegas Pro 15.0 is a tool that I highly recommend for editing videos, because you can add all the elements you want (pictures, other videos, audio, gifs...) and previsualise the work at the same time you are customizing it. About our video, when we recorded we used a chroma background in order to add pictures related to the topic as a background afterwards. A chroma background is a background (usually green or blue)that is used as a audiovidual technique in TV, cinema and photography and it allows to replace the green colour for other images. There are some settings that have this chroma background, although there are cases where people also use a piece of fabric with that colour. In our case, we had the opportunity to go to one of the Ministry of Education building (National center of Educative Investigation and Innovation), especifically to the Future Lab, a room that has lots of technological resources, including a crhoma.
There we recorded the video and here you have the results, I hope you like it:


Link to the video: https://youtu.be/m8A6gDvJ-_U

The purpose of this video, as mentioned in the Storyboard post, is that children think about why all these things are happening and discuss about the effects if this issue continues and remedies for it.

About my experience about the whole project (organising the roles, creating the storyboard, preparing the recording, editing the video, among others), it has been a fantastic experience whereby I have learned lots of aspects about working with a video but I have also enjoyed very much! If you have the opportunity of carrying out such a project in classroom I really encourage you to do it!

Pictures taken from the making of by Alex Molina

Comments