Hi there!
This time I would like to talk you about one of the most interesting resources that I have learned in my Master's degree: designing engaging and interactive slideshows.
Most of you know that using slidehows is a different way of ease the comprehension of a topic and, probably, if you think about presentations, the use of Power Point will go through your mind. However, we must know that in recent years lots of tools have been designed with the aim of providing very interesting and attractive slideshows. With these tools, we can make a lesson highly constructive because children can interact with the slideshow, making the explanation more dinamic.
In my case, I have choosen genial.ly for making my slideshow, an spanish tool desingned in 2015, which does not take second place when compared with the other ones mentioned. Actually, I must say that its use is quite simple, in spite of the numerous interactions that we can add in our slidehow.
πOnce you have registered and entered in the tool, you can choose your template according to the topic that is going to be explained. For example, I am going to talk about the plant's reproduction, and due to the fact that lots of photographies and a process explanation is going to be explained, I have choosen a template where I can add an introduction, different pictures and a explanation separated one from the others. So, in my case, I have added a cover and then, a slide which gathers all the information needed.
The advantage of this tool is that you can add lots of combined information without beeing overwhelmed with extensive texts. For that, you only have to choose your element and select and interaction which can be a tag, a browser or a link and add text, images or videos. The tool is conected with Pixabay, a bank of CC0 licenses, and Giphy, a web page where you can look for gifs that make your slidehow more visual.
I would like you to take a look at my creation about plant reproduction, a topic that always has been a little bit 'standard and not engaging'.
Here you also have the video of my explanation:
Guys, as you can see, in ONLY one slide there are a lot of information, so imagine what a wonder presentation we can make with it. I really encourage you to use this tool for your lessons, you will see the advantages of using resources like this.
I hope you find this post useful, looking forward to your creations!π
Comments
Post a Comment