LET'S USE MIND MAPS IN OUR CLASS

Hi buddies 👋

In this post I am going to talk about a very useful resource, something you can use in order to organise and make visual your ideas. I am talking about mind maps. 
A mind map is a kind of diagram which, as I said before, allows us to represent what we have in our mind in a visual and outlined way. 
Image by 3dman_eu

When can a mind map be helpful in our lessons? 

If you are going to explain something with lots of stages or with main  aspects to remember, a mindmap can be useful. You can also use them for reviewing a unit or lesson, remarking the most important things or with the objective of explaining a project that your students have to make in your classes.
For example, I have created a mind map in order to explaining one project for natural science' subject called 'Let's learn about birds. In the mind map, I have gathered all the basic information about the project (aims, timing), the objectives of it and the creations I want they make, all of it with a cross-curricular link with the other subjects.
The mind map can be showed in the digital blackboard and be explained step by step and children will understand it in a easier way.

About my experience creating a mind map, I must say this was the first time, and I used Creately, which is a tool where you can fin lots of templates for your own diagram. At first, I  though that it will be hard to do it due to the diverse options, but, after 5 minutes with the tool, I completely understood the functioning of it. 

Apart from Creately, you can find more interesting web -pages and apps to create your own mind maps, such as: Coggle and Mindmeister (collaborative), Mind42, Bubble.us and SpiderScribe.

Now, you can see my creation about the Natural Science project. About the pictures you can see in the diagram, they all are CC0, especifically, from Pixabay, you know I love that picture bank ;).
I hope you find this post useful and benefit from this great resource in your class!




Comments